Gibb Group - Office & Workshop Refurbishment & Extension
Working alongside Albyn Design & Build and client, Gibb Group, Albyn Architects obtained planning and building warrant approvals to alter and extend their office and workshop.
This move is part of Gibb Group expansion plans, which has allowed them to relocate from their previous King Street premises, to a new, larger facility in the Bridge of Don area of Aberdeen.
Issues with existing building
- Outdated internal layout.
- Lack of defined entrance.
- External appearance was tired and in need of refurbishment.
- Lack of workshop space.
- Extend rear of existing workshop to create 2 additional bays of workshop space.
- Re-organise internal layout to provide client with required office, meeting and staff facilities.
- Refurbish external appearance by overcladding existing building and installing new doors and windows.
- Form defined entrance, with feature glazing and cladding.