A crisp, timber clad extension to a period house, providing the additional space to create a stunning Kitchen/Dining space, with connection to garden. The design was intentionally modern, with materials selected to contrast with the granite of the existing house.
Issues with existing house
- Existing Kitchen had limited space and no connection with Dining Room.
- Lack of natural daylight and no connection to garden.
- Existing terrace and side access was in need of refurbishment
- Form bespoke rear extension to create Kitchen/Family space, with connection to existing Dining space.
- Large sliding doors opening out to terrace.
- Large Terrace formed to create outdoor seating area.
- Used existing structural opening at bay window to form extension, to minimise cost of structural work.
- Glazed openings at connection with existing house, to allow daylight into existing Dining Room.
- Timber cladding by Russwood. Accoya 15x95mm boards, secret fixed and factory coated with Teknos translucent system FI024
- Black door/window frames specified to contrast with existing granite.
- Existing Kitchen turned into Study/library area.
- New sash and case window installed, to match existing.