Bonnymuir House Refurbishment
Albyn Architects had the pleasure of working on the refurbishment of Bonnymuir House. A 200 year old house, situated off Westburn Road, once surrounded by nothing but fields and now in the heart of the city.
Issues with existing house
- No main family space, separate rooms with no connection.
- Kitchen and Bathrooms in need of modernisation.
- Stair in the wrong position, creating layout issues on the ground and 1st floors.
- Old building with no insulation and old heating system.
- The walls between the existing Kitchen, Dining and Living Rooms were all removed to create a stunning open plan space.
- The existing walls were framed out and insulated, while timber panelling was added to compliment the traditional features of the existing house.
- A brand new kitchen was installed, maximising storage and worktop space, with a central island creating a focal point and space for breakfast bar seating.
- Existing stair removed and new stair fitted in centre of the house. This reduced the amount of circulation space, while creating an open 1st floor landing.
- As well as a general refurbishment of the other rooms, including a new heating system and electrics, a Utility, Shower Room and Bathroom were formed to provide all the accommodation required for family life.